Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with search Confluence

Bobby Johnson May 16, 2016

I want to ask about the confluence search, some pages after they are created do not appear in the search, and some old pages are not to be. I re-index the search, and nothing has changed, may suggest what could be the problem here, or where to look?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2016

Hey Bobby, did you try to rebuilt the index file from scratch?

1. Stop Confluence.
2. Delete the following folders from the home directory if they exist:
* <confluence-home>/index/
* <confluence-home>/journal/
3. Start Confluence.
4. Go to *General Configuration* page.
5. Search for the *Content Indexing* option in the left side bar.
5. Click on *Rebuild*.

More details in How to rebuild the content indexes from scratch.

Bobby Johnson June 1, 2016

Those. then to find the confluence of the page will appear which have not been? And to do that every time, when you create a new page? Or what does it depend?

Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2016

You don't need to it that all the time. The index file probably got corrupted and triggered your problems. Please, monitor your instance if you are still having problems, open a ticket at www.support.atlassian.com

Bobby Johnson June 1, 2016

If this method can not, there is still some way to rebuild the index?

0 votes
SG October 13, 2017

Does anyone know the time between publishing a page in confluence and then it showing on the confluence search?

I mean how much time does it take to index automatically in confluence?

0 votes
shery fletcher October 19, 2016

I have same problem. confluence can not find some pages even when I search with page title and dear Guilherme Viana I have done your suggestion so nothing changed. is this Lucene engine problem?  

Jaime Hablutzel May 21, 2019

Are you putting complete words in the search box?. e.g. your document is called "foobar zas". Are you putting something like "foobar" in the search box?.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events