There is a problem with making the chart in the new template page in Confluence.
For reference, There is no problem in the old Blank Page (they say this will be gone away)
If there were wrong my operation, please let me know.
Hello @Jiebyoung Park !
As I understand, inserting the Jira Charts macro is not working as intended in your instance. Clicking the “Insert” button closes the dialog but the macro is not inserted on the page.
I tried that on my test instance just before replying to your question. Albeit a little slow, the workflow yields the expected results, our charts are shown:
The environment in which I tested is the following:
Windows 10 – Version 1903, Build 18362.356
Firefox 73.0.1 – 64bit
Confluence Fabric Editor (New Editor)
With the results above, I would like to ask you a few questions for clarification:
- Is this happening with any filter that you might select during the Jira Charts macro setup?
- Is this happening with already existing Jira Charts Macros?
- Is this happening regardless of Browser used?
- Is this happening even in incognito/private mode in your browser?
- Is this affecting other users?
Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks for your reply.
- Is this happening with any filter that you might select during the Jira Charts macro setup? => Yes, all filters (although it's quite simple filter) fail to be inserted.
- Is this happening with already existing Jira Charts Macros? => There has been no problem in the old Blank Page Template but, I haven't be successful in the new Blank Page Template once. In the case that I copy the chart created in the old Blank Page Template to the new one, the chart is inserted as just image like below
- Is this happening regardless of Browser used? => I am not sure. but I currently use Chrome. I checked this also in Internet Explorer but failed to create the new Blank Page.
- Is this happening even in incognito/private mode in your browser? => Sorry, I can't understand your question.
- Is this affecting other users? Yes, other colleagues also are likewise on their environment.
For reference, there is no problem to create other type of chart in the new Blank Page Template. just two dimensional chart has this problem.
Hello @Jiebyoung Park !
I tried replicating this behaviour is both the New Editor (Fabric) and the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE).
In both cases, when I used the macro content was being displayed as expected.
Here is what is looks like in the New Editor:
Here is what it looks like in the Legacy Editor:
Now, when I copy the macro from the Legacy Editor into the New Editor, I can replicate your issue.
Here is what is looks like after I publish the page:
What is happening is that the content that is actually copied is the place-holder for the macro, not the macro itself. In the end, what happens is that an image is attached in the new editor. Which is why it looks like the issues are not rendering.
A workaround for this behavior is this:
- Go to the Legacy Editor page
- Edit the page
- Check the filter used in the Two dimensional filter
- Close the edit page
- Go to the New Editor page
- Edit the page
- Insert a new Jira charts macro
- Go into the macro settings
- Use the same filter from the previous macro
- Publish the page
This behaviour is exactly the same with the other types of charts. The place-holders for both Pie Chart and Created vs Resolved chart are the actual images representing the final result for the macro.
At the same time, the place-holder for the Two-Dimensional Chart is simply a blank chart. This is what makes the behavior apparent.
- Short version:
All charts have the same behavior when copying from Legacy Editor into the New Editor.
- When pasting the copied content from the Legacy editor, the image that was used as place-holder is placed there.
- Placing new macros and using the same filter should solve workaround the behavior.
I hope this helps!
Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events