Problem with Metadata macro in page template (Confluence 4.1.9)

Craig Schardt November 28, 2012

I'm using Confluence 4.1.9 and I'm having trouble with the "metadata" macro in a page template.

I figured out that the wiki markup for this is {details} as in:

{details}

|Field1|Some info|
|Field2|More info|
|Field3|The last info|

{details}

I've pasted this code into a the body of a page template and it appears to work correctly when I preview the template. When I try to create a page from this template, I just get an empty Metadata macro block, like this:

The table is missing from the newly created page.

I've tried searching the knowledge base, but can't find any reports of this problem. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong and would appreaciate any advice.

2 answers

0 votes
Craig Schardt December 16, 2012

A coworker stumbled across a partial solution to this problem. Apparently, it will work if you use form markup inside the {details} macro. But only the fields that have a variable associated with them will show up when a page is created from the template.

Here is an example that does work in Confluence 4.1.9:

{details}

Field1: @VAR1@
Field2: @VAR2@
Field3: @VAR3@

{details}

If this is the intended behavior for this macro, it should be documented somewhere.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Hi Craig!

In fact, did you try typing all this data instead of pasting it on the body of the page?

If you just paste the code, since confluence 4.x changed from wiki markup to XHTML, maybe the content will not be rendered. However if you type the data it should work.

Hope it helps!

Craig Schardt December 12, 2012

Hi Bruna,

Thank you for the response, but I don't think it is a problem with pasting.

I typed the wiki markup (shown in my question) directly into the edit box for the template I created. I didn't cut-and-paste from another page.

When I preview the template, the preview looks correct and shows the table inside the metadata macro. But, when I try to create a page from the template, the table dissapears as shown in the screenshot.

I'm guessing that this is a bug in 4.1.9, but I haven't been able to test the newer versions of Confluence with the new template editor to see if it still happens. Perhaps someone with a newer version of Confluence could test it and see if it continues to be a problem?

Thank you,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events