Problem with Confluence and very large number of (>200) drawio images

Madhav Gudimetla V September 30, 2020

Hi Team,

I have written a confluence document for a product user guide for my company, which has more than 200 images rendered using the drawio plugin.

At the time of writing up the confluence page, I was able to add and publish many drawio images. 

For some reason, in the past 2 days:

• the confluence page doesn't seem to load all images
    • Takes ages to load images
    • Am on 200Mbps internet connection speed
  • the edit icon of drawio on mouse hover in the published page doesn't always appear
  • editing the confluence page and selecting the edit of drawio image leads to a different problem
    • unable to export the image
    • unable to select all objects and copy/paste to another drawio space  (outside of confluence space!)
    • unable to close or publish the edited drawio image 

I tried on Chrome and Firefox browsers. The behavior is the same.

However, I tried using Safari, and the behavior is different.

• Able to select all drawio objects in edit mode
  • Able to copy drawio objects, and paste to another drawio space (outside of confluence space!)
  • Able to publish and close the drawio image
  • However, the problem still persists in safari
    • unable to export drawio image to .png or .jpg format

Problems to summarise:

• A very large number of drawio images (say > 200) on the confluence page do not load fully
    • Drawio plugin throws an error "there seems to be a problem loading the page or something"
  • Edit icon on drawio image in a published confluence page doesn't appear
  • Unable to export confluence page to .doc with a large number of drawio to .doc
    • but able to export to .pdf (which is undesired for me) using Chrome, Safari, and Firefox browsers
  • Behaviour is different across - Chrome, Firefox, Safari - when working with confluence + very large number of drawio images
  • Unable to select all/copy/edit/to publish/close drawio images (in Chrome and Firefox browsers, but NOT in Safari browser!)
  • Clearing cache in browsers did not help
    • The chrome browser version is "Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)"
    • Firefox browser version is "80.0.1 (64-bit)"
    • Safari Browser version is "Version 14.0 (14610.1.28.1.9)"

This is preventing me from publishing my work to my customer - highly annoying!

I need a fix for this ASAP! Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2020

> Drawio plugin throws an error "there seems to be a problem loading the page or something"

Are you certain it's the draw.io app showing this message, could you paste a screenshot please?

Could you also post a screenshot of the draw.io section in the manage apps admin page expanded please? If you'd rather not post these details here, our technical support desk is at https://drawio.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/group/15/create/49. Please include your SEN in the description.

Madhav Gudimetla V October 4, 2020

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

I did check over the weekend and found that drawio is showing the image correctly, with the edit pen icon on mouse hover over the image. None of the problems I posted above persist!

As a result, I am unable to capture the error message and post here or in the link you suggested.

Should the problem resurface, I shall post the screenshot and seek resolution.

I think I should close this ticket as its no longer occurring!

Sincerely,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events