Problem retrieving attachments from Confluence backup

Preetha M January 3, 2012

Hi,

I'm using Confluence version 2.2.1 and had taken a backup of a site(XML format) with attachments. When I tried to restore the site, found that the attachments were missing.

I could see the attachment listed in the Attachments page but when I click on the attachment, it gives me the error below

"""The page you were trying to reach does not exist. You may want to try a search, or browse the site to find the page you were looking for."""

I'm able to see the record entry in "attachments" table with proper data but not able to find the file in confluence- home/attachments directory.

I'm sure it was working before , but now not sure how it turned out this strange. I'm really having bad time to fix this out.

Please help.

Thanks,

Preetha

1 answer

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2012

Hi Preetha,

Not sure what went wrong, but I'd suggest you to check if the attachments exist in the backup file. Inside the zip file, look for the "attachments" folder, and inside it, the attachments are stored in this path pattern - "<space_id>/<page_id>/<attachments_id>/<attachments_version>". (easy way to check this IDs are by querying database)

Also, just check if the size of this attachments folder is relatively comparable with the attachments folder from the instance you generated the backup (in case the attachments were not fully included).

P/s: Confluence 2.2.1 is an old, unsupported version; you might want consider upgrading.

-Hanis-

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events