Problem importing a space

Helen Griffith September 12, 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to import a space into Confluence but I've encountered this error:

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. Error unzipping file: Zip file doesn't exist or Confluence doesn't have read access to it. backupedFile=/data/jirastudio/confluence/j2ee_confluence_a1ad1ddccbd8cc8f2264/home/temp/upload_f0b1a999_e21c_4d1d_b32d_e6840d241fdd_00000006.tmp

Any ideas what this means?!

2 answers

0 votes

I've actually got around this problem by copying the zip file to WebDev... I get this error instead:

com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import: Could not execute JDBC batch update

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

Please make sure your file is location on the server and the "owner" of the file is the same user which is owner of confluence application.

Thank you for your response, Tarun... I am using the Import Space tool in the admin section. I am using the Cloud version so don't have access to the server. I'll try and find where the file owner is set...

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

How large is the file? You can get errors trying to upload via the browser if it exceeds the limits.

Hi Bill...

It's just under the limit (100MB). I did actually fix the access problem by using WebDav. Not sure if that's the solution or if it was coincidence.

The second error about JDBC is a different one... I have an answer from Confluence... It's to do with bug: 

Not really sure what it's about but there's something about orphaned pages causing a problem. They have to take the server down, apply a fix, and restart...

Thanks all. Atlassian is importing my space for me. Fingers crossed!

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

Usually anything of that size I just upload to the restore area of the website (actually anything over 10MB). I have just had to many problems restoring via a browser upload. Of course, this means you have to have OS-level access to the server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events