Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding attachments to pages

Simon Taylor December 17, 2021

I'm creating a confluence page using the REST API and also creating attachments using the API and referencing them from the confluence page and they do appear on the confluence page but they don't have the correct icon (they are JSON files)

ExampeFilesScreenshot.png

and when you attempt to download them you see the following page:

ExampleFileDownloanScreenshot.png

If I edit the page and add a file manually then it renders properly and when I've downloaded the content the difference seems to be that the manually added files have a macro-id property assigned to them.  How do I use the REST API to create a macro-id to include in the page content?

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2021

Hello Simon!

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In order to check it further, would you mind checking with a site admin to create a ticket for you on https://support.atlassian.com/contact/, so we can investigate it further with you?

This way, we would be able to perform some tests there if we need to access the instance and understand the problem.

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Simon Taylor January 20, 2022

Hi Jessica!

Sorry, I wasn't watching this ticket for some reason and I've only just seen your response.

As you suggested I've requested a ticket be created at the URL provided and hopefully that won't take too long.

Look forward to "speaking" again once that's sorted.

Regards

Simon

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2022

No worries, Simon!

Hope one of the site admins can create one for you soon and hopefully we can understand why it is failing there. :)

I wish you a great weekend ahead!

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events