Private, unpublished space not migrated

Matt Peterson January 19, 2018

Hi All,

We recently migrated our confluence from 1 url to another.  There is a space that had restrictive permissions and pages.  Apparently it only partially made it through the migration.  I can see it as an admin, but when trying to edit permissions or access it, I get a space doesn't exist or error.

I have tried to reimport it from the old instance via XML export/import, but triggered an error "space already exists".

How can I nuke this space on the new instance in a way that I can reimport it from the old?

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Hi Matt,

I found this piece in the documentation. Have you tried this before to get rid of the space?

If you are unable to access the space at all from the UI, you can run the deletion from the URL directly at

http://<baseURL>/spaces/removespace.action?key=<insert space key>

If that fails to work, refer to the documentation on Manually deleting s space.

Confluence KB

I also suggest the further reading on manually deleting a space :)

Best,

Max

Matt Peterson January 19, 2018

Hi Max,

Thanks for the info.. I hadn't found that before.  I tried removing via the URL, but get a page or space not found error.

We're on Confluence cloud.  I don't think I can get access to the SQL settings as the second link references.

Not quite sure where to take it from here.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

I think you will have to go through Atlassian Support at this point :) Because you're an Cloud customer. Keep us updated on the progress please! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events