Previously added span macros rendered incorrectly

Wendy Fergusson May 21, 2015

I’m running Confluence 5.7.1 and Content Formatting 4.2.7 (free macros only). We upgraded from Confluence 5.6.3 on 2015-04-04, I’m not sure exactly when this problem first appeared, but it may have been after that upgrade.

I have a test page with macro calls on it that I use for testing. One day I noticed that the span macro on the page was no longer working. However, when I add a new span macro to the page, it works fine.

This is the storage format for the original span macro (added over a year ago):

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="span">
    <ac:parameter ac:name="class">PMA_Class_Cancelled</ac:parameter>
    <ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
    <ac:rich-text-body>
      <p>This text is grey and crossed out</p>
    </ac:rich-text-body>
  </ac:structured-macro>

When I inspect element (Chrome 42.0.2311.135) I see this:

span macro previously added.png

You can see the macro body text is outside the span tags. 

This is the storage format for the newly added span macro (added after 5.7.1 upgrade):

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="span">
    <ac:parameter ac:name="class">PMA_Class_Cancelled</ac:parameter>
    <ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
    <ac:rich-text-body>
      <p>
        <span>This text should also be grey and crossed out</span>
      </p>
    </ac:rich-text-body>
  </ac:structured-macro>

And inspect element shows this:

span macro new.png

Here the macro body text is inside (two sets of) span tags.

So it looks like the required encoding changed at some point. Was there a migration task that I missed? Is there a way to fix all the pre-existing span macros in bulk?

5 answers

1 vote
Divya Margani [Adaptavist] July 13, 2015

Hi @Wendy Fergusson,

This is to bring to your notice that the span macro issue that you have reported has been fixed. The fix has been included in the latest released version - Content Formatting Macros 4.2.9. You can download the latest version from the Marketplace.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.contentFormattingMacros/versions

Regards

Divya Margani

Support & QA Analyst | Adaptavist

0 votes
Wendy Fergusson June 17, 2015

I first tried emailing plugin-support@adaptavist.com but I guess that's obsolete now. Thanks, I've updated my reference information.

0 votes
Monika Turska [Adaptavist] June 16, 2015

Hi @Wendy Fergusson , we try to keep an eye on Atlassian Answers on regular basis, although I'd recommend you to raise a support issue with Adaptavist Product Support team directly, especially that our team often needs additional (sometimes client sensitive) information in order to investigate the root cause of an issue - all details re. Support SLA here http://www.adaptavist.com/w/about/adaptavist-product-support-sla/

0 votes
Wendy Fergusson June 15, 2015

Thanks Sharon. What is the best way to report issues with Adaptavist plugins? It seemed to take a long time to get a response through this forum - I was starting to wonder whether it was still active.

0 votes
Sharon Hinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi Wendy, we are getting reports of this issue here at Adaptavist and have assigned a developer to look in to it as soon as possible. I will let you know when we have a fix in place. Regards Sharon Hinde | Senior Webmaster | Adaptavist

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events