Prevent default index page being created for meeting notes

Trent Murray May 20, 2014

I've created a space just for meeting notes with the following page hierarchy:

-Root Page (with a children page display)

- ClientA (with a button to create new meeting notes)

- ClientB (as above)

Now, we create our meeting notes under the client, not at the root. But whenever we do so, it creates a new Default Index page with a list of all meeting notes - this is useless to us, as we categorize by client.

Is there a way to stop confluence creating this index page?

3 answers

2 votes
Hugo Reuterberg September 12, 2018

Found a workaround if you are not planning to use the index page AT ALL

instead of removing the index page go to "Reorder Pages" and move it above the whole page tree making it an "orphaned page" and there it will be pretty hard to find unless you know it exists and even then you could put some permission on the page not allowing anyone to view it

With the page still not being removed it will have no incentive to create a new index with new meeting notes

Also remove the page shorcut in the sidebar

This is how i fixed it on our site and now no new index is created and it doesnt matter if the orphaned page gets the info from both client trees.

Bjorn De Gloire November 25, 2019

Thank you!

0 votes
Rajni Saxena May 13, 2019

I want to create index for meetings but its not creating one for me?  How can I change that?

Thanks

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

I asked the same question here ...
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/221804/turn-off-index-pages-for-blueprints

Me thinks the answer is no.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events