Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent a page from scrolling to an iframe

Casey Cook June 16, 2021

I have an iframe at the bottom of a page.  When navigating to the page, the browser automatically scrolls down to the bottom of the page while the iframe loads.  Is there a way to prevent this behavior so that the browser will stay scrolled to the top of the page while the iframe loads?

2 answers

0 votes
Amanda Sundberg February 14, 2023

Hi, I have this problem too. I have an iframe at the bottom of the page. Ive tried two browsers, Edge and Chrome, and both scroll down to the iFrame immediately upon opening the page. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hi Casey,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us. 

Can you tell me what browser you're using when this happens? Have you been able to replicate it in other browsers?

It sounds similar to the issue another user was having in Firefox, and they shared their solution. See Prevent Firefox to auto-scroll to an HTML embedded iframe.

Let me know if that helps.

Take care,

Shannon 

Casey Cook June 18, 2021

Chrome.

I'll try the linked solution.  Thanks.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Thanks for that information! Please let us know how it goes.

Take care,

Shannon

Corey Webster December 14, 2021

@Casey Cook did you ever find a resolution to this?  I'm having the same issue in Chrome using the Confluence iFrame macro.  The firefox solution does not work for me.

Like Amanda Sundberg likes this
Casey Cook December 14, 2021

@Corey Webster No, I ended up removing the iframe and re-creating the content in a table.  I did not try the solution that Shannon mentioned though. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events