Pretty Confluence Links from Jira Macro Tables?

Jim Solomon May 13, 2023

Hi,

Is there any way to turn a table generated by a Jira Macro into a bulleted list of pretty-formatted Confluence links (Smartlinks?)?

See attached example. I'd like to use a Jira Macro to generate the table at the top, and then transform that into the bulleted list of links shown at the bottom.

Thanks.

confluence pretty links.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jim Solomon May 18, 2023

Success! This works really well:

SELECT 
FORMATWIKI("[" , 'T' , " ", 'Key' , ": ", 'Summary', 'Status' , "|https://yoursubdomain.atlassian.net/browse/" , 'Key' ,"]") AS 'Combined'
FROM T1

I still have two issues left to solve:

1. I want to be able to embed this whole thing in a table cell, but it doesn't look like that's possible
  2. I'd love to present the results as a bulleted list rather than individual rows of a table, and would like to remove the header

E.g., instead of this:

confluence pretty links 3.png

I would prefer to have this (embeddable in a table cell)

confluence pretty links 2.png

0 votes
Jim Solomon May 18, 2023

Thanks @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ . I've managed to get the fields concatenated using Table Transformer, but I can't figure out how to get them "pretty" or to carry forward the link from either they Key or the Summary field from the output of the Jira Macro. Any ideas?

SELECT 
CONCAT("[", 'T', "] ", 'Key', ": ", 'Summary', " [", 'Status', "]") AS 'Combined'
FROM T1

and it produces something that looks like this, but not as a link:

[Epic] XXX-1234: Do Something Awesome [Defining]

I'm guessing FORMATWIKI might be my friend here, but if someone could help me on the prettiness (if it's possible) or preserving the link (which I'm pretty sure is possible), that would be great. 

Jim Solomon May 18, 2023

Oh, and also getting the output as a bulleted list.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

Hi @Jim Solomon 

Out of the box you can't do that. First and easiest solution would be to search for an app. But what I'm thinking is an app which perhaps can concatenate columns and get a the smart link you want.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events