Predefine a list of participants of a meeting or retrospective

Matej Kaninsky
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2019

Hi, is it possible to predefine a list of participants in the Confluence Retrospective Blueprint? When you're creating a new Retro notes, every time you have to manually add all the participants in the pop-up window - although most of the time, the names are the same. Would it be possible to predefine the names somewhere in the blueprint and then only remove the ones who might not be able to attend?

Many thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2022

Hi @Matej Kaninsky

We've just released a new feature for our App Meetical Meetings. Maybe it's interesting for you.

For recurring meetings, like retrospectives you could automate the whole process by connecting your Calendar to Confluence first and then follow these steps:

1. Create a template and design it like you wish, including one or more generated participant list macros (read docs)
  2. Create the first page in the meeting series from your calendar, and choose the new template
  3. Activate automatic page creation on the series parent page (read docs)

As a result the participant table and page will be generated for you without the need of manually adding the participants and manually creating the page. 

I hope this helps :)

Cheers, Lukas 

P.S: We do have a free version of the app, but this feature only comes with the paid Standard version from the Marketplace.

0 votes
Chris Nicosia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

HI @Matej Kaninsky - Assuming you are a space admin, you could accomplish this by editing the default template for meeting notes or retrospective in your space.  You can find this by Clicking on Settings > Content Tools and then click Edit beside the template name you wish to edit.

This will only override the default template in the current space. 

If you don't want to change the default template for the entire space, the way I would do this is to create a new space template based off of the content of the original template:

• Open the current template in edit mode by clicking Edit beside the template name you wish to open. 
  • Select all content and copy it to the clipboard
  • Close the template 
  • Click the "Add New Template" button
  • Paste in your content from the clipboard
  • Provide a meaningful title of the template
  • Click save
  • Your new template will now appear in the list of templates in the create dialog

If this response answer your question, please let me know by marking it as the accepted answer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events