Pre Save Hook

frenchy198588
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 24, 2019

Is there any way I can create a modal popup when a user clicks the save or update buttons on a page so that I can ask them to add a piece of required supporting information for the page?

My use case is that every page is required to have a banner detailing if it is commercially sensitive or one of another few caveats. I don't want to rely on people adding labels etc after the page was saved, I'd rather make it a required field somehow. 

I've seen a confluence instance with a pop up that appears on clicking the save button which opens a dialog / modal area, asks you to fill in a form then saves the page with that extra info. I've no idea how they've done it though.

The closest I've gotten is a on page save event on the server side, but can't figure out how to do this client side.

Any ideas? 

1 answer

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2019

As far as I'm aware there is no real API for this in the frontend. You'll have to come up with your own solution. A possible hack could be to kidnap the original save button and replace it with your own, like this:

AJS.toInit(function() {
var $original = $('#rte-button-publish');
var $clone = $original.clone();

$original.hide().attr('id', '#rte-button-publish-original');
$clone.insertAfter($original);

$clone.on('click', function(e) {
e.preventDefault();
// replace with your own dialog/logic.
var shouldSave = confirm('bla bla bla');
if (shouldSave) $original.click();
});
});

This should be fine if you only use this internally, but please don't put something like this into a Marketplace app! ;)

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events