Postgresql database removed, what can be restored

Julien Ganichot September 27, 2015

I'm running the latest versions of confluence, jira and stash on my server. Unfortunately somebody completely removed the postgrsql server including the data in /var/lib/postgresql.

What can be restored? How do I set up a new database without removing the home directories? 

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2015

Hi team,

If you have an old backup of Postgres Confluence database, you can also reinstall the postgres and restore it by using this command:

psql -h database_host -p database_port -U  database_user schema_name < C:\backup_file.dmp

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2015

Not a lot.

If you had the backup services installed (they're on by default), then you should have .xml files in the applications home directories, so you could install new versions of them and restore the xml - you'll need the attachments directories too.  But that's about it if you've lost the databases - you're mostly starting from scratch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events