Postgresql Query Syntax Error (Restoring Admin Password CentOS)

Zebadiah Ramos November 8, 2017

Hello!

I'm following the directions listed within the following link to reset the admin password for our Confluence instance.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf57/restoring-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-701435450.html

However when I run the below query (Using phpPgAdmin) I receive the syntax error shown in the screenshot. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong here?

insert into cwd_user(id, user_name, lower_user_name, active, created_date, updated_date, first_name, lower_first_name, last_name, lower_last_name, display_name, lower_display_name, email_address, lower_email_address, directory_id, credential) values (1212121, 'admin', 'admin', 'T', '2009-11-26 17:42:08', '2009-11-26 17:42:08', 'A. D.', 'a. d.', 'Ministrator', 'ministrator', 'A. D. Ministrator', 'a. d. ministrator', 'admin@example.com', 'admin@example.com', (select id from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory'), 'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A==');

insert into user_mapping values ('2c9681954172cf560000000000000001', 'admin', 'admin');

syntax error.PNG

I really appreciate everyone's help, I'm completely new to both Postgresql and JIRA, so I apologize if this is a simple question.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

It looks like the following has been appended to the front of the insert statement:

SELECT COUNT (*) as total FROM

Please try the queries without that, and let us know if you can add the user as expected. 

Zebadiah Ramos November 8, 2017

Thanks, Ann! 

It looks like the "Paginate Results" box was checked, which was appending the statement.

Unchecked the box, and now we're good to go!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Thanks for following up with us for the sake of the next person who has that box checked. :) Happy to hear you're all set!

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

hm..

Have you selected the correct database first?

e.g: \c jiradb 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events