Postgresql 10 supported version

Jiri Pik February 9, 2020

Would it be possible to explicitly specify in the docs what specific versions of Postgresql 10 are supported?

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html both JIRA and Confluence Support Postgresql 10 but omit to list the exact version of Postgresql 10 supported, unlike the versions of Postgresql 9 which are explicitly listed.

The Postgresql 10 family has subversions 10.1 - 10.11.

I have just tried 10.11 and had to revert back since there were tons of errors on permissions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hello Jiri,

All versions of PostgreSQL 10 are supported in the latest release of Confluence.

If you're encountering issues, check the Confluence 7.3 Upgrade Notes:

PostgreSQL 10 support

We've added support for PostgreSQL 10.  If you plan to upgrade, you should upgrade Confluence first, then upgrade your database.  

See pg-upgrade in the PostgreSQL 10 documentation for information on how to upgrade your database. Make sure you back up your database, Confluence installation directory and Confluence home directory before you begin. We strongly recommend you test your changes in a staging environment first. 

After upgrading, we recommend you run ANALYZE. Analyze collects statistics about contents of tables in the database, which the query planner can use to help determine the most efficient execution plans for queries.

There's also a known issue where Confluence won't start with PostgreSQL 10 in Amazon RDS. See  CONFSERVER-59243 - Upgrade to Postgres 10 on AWS RDS Confluence can't find tables LONG TERM BACKLOG  for more information and a workaround. 

If you continue to encounter issues, then I'll need to know more about how your Confluence site was set up, if it's a new installation, an upgrade, and the steps you took to migrate your database exactly.

Regards,

Shannon

Jiri Pik February 20, 2020

@Shannon S : THANK YOU.

This was the case https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59243

All my best, 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hi Jiri,

Thank you for your response and for sharing that ticket!

From my understanding, is the issue now resolved for you using the workaround from the bug ticket?

Regards,

Shannon

Jiri Pik February 20, 2020

@Shannon S : I have experienced the problem reported in CONFSERVER-59243, then have reverted back to the PostgreSQL 9 and am waiting for Confluence's and Jira's support of PostgreSQL 11 and then I will not upgrade, but rather reimport everything so that all permissions are set right.

Thank you for all your help.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2020

Hi Jiri,

Thank you for letting me know that you are holding off on upgrading.

If you want to give it a test later with a staging instance, you can try the workaround from the bug. Just let us know if you need our support!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events