Possible to make personal space to public space?

savitha s August 29, 2018

Possible to make personal space to public space?

How ?

I need create a new page for team and when i create a personal space it is showing my name and then the pages in URL section.

How to get generic URL? and how to create it ? Any document to begin with?

Regards

Savitha

3 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2018

Personal space is not differ from other spaces's types ,so, You can provide the permission to make your personal space visible for others using the following : 

• specific group 
  • anonymous users 

This is the first part. 

Regarding the generic URL, i understand that you want to remove "your name" from the URL. if so, it is not possible because your name is the space key which is not editable from the admin portal

Hi,

it is not working. I do not have option to create a new site space. What to do?

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2018

@savitha s

You don't need to create a new site space, you just need to change the permission in your current personal site.

space setting ---> permission ---> check anonymous. this will make your personal site public and accessible for all user within your company (confluence server).

For more info to make your space site public please visit this URL

Is it possible to edit the key? It is not allowing.

permission is already given.

I want to change the URL.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2018

You can't change the space key and there is no plan to support this feature soon as mentioned here.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2018

Hi @savitha s

why don't you just move the site as I mentioned above?

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2018

Hi @savitha s

you can move the page you created in your personal space easily to another space - have a look on this here

This can be done when creating and also when the page is already finished. Please pay attention that you need permissions for creating and moving pages to a space.

Hope this helps!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

Regarding generic URL - when you move the page to another space - spaceKey=your Name will be changed to /spaceKey where you moved it.

0 votes
Mohamed Adel August 29, 2018

Regarding the generic URL, i understand that you want to remove "your name" from the URL. if so, it is not possible because your name is the space key which is not editable from the admin portal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events