Possible to link real time parts of a page to other page?

Aleksis Kermorgant March 9, 2021

I have an issue where I deal with multiple pages that copy info from other pages. Every time there is a change in the main page, I have to go through 10 pages to make the same change every time.

Is it possible to "mirror" or "clone" a part of a Confluence Page into another page so that when I update the main page all the others update as well?

Simply linking the main page is not enough because the other users don't want to use links.

For example I have page A that has 5 parts. Page B needs info from 2 of the 5 parts while Page C needs info from 3 of the 5 parts.

If I update any part of Page A, I need the changes to be reflected in Pages B and C.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Aleksis Kermorgant,

welcome to the community.

Your problem is a common one in writing documentation. I'd recommend the Include Page Macro to you. This macro enables you to embed a complete page into another page.

In order to solve your problem, I'd suggest to

• Split your page A into 5 pages (A1 - A5)
  • Add two include macros to page B to include pages A1 and A2
  • Add three include macros to page A to include pages A3, A4, and A5

If you want to learn more about building your own include library, you could also keep reading some tips by Atlassian on reusing content (e.g. also with excerpt macros) or some tips on our rock the docs page about content reuse.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events