Possible to change color of a field in a table if a date is more than 10/20/30 days old? traffic light

Mirjam Holik November 19, 2014

Hi,

we have a complex list in Excel where we maintain the status of patch/hotfix/update of our windows and linux server.

It looks like this:

servername | day of week |  OS  | who must be informed  | last patch-date  | status |  comment

The column "last patch-day" is the date where the last time updates were installed. In dependence of this date in Excel the column "status" changes color, if the date of last update is longer ago than 10, 20 or 30 days.
Like a traffic light, green, yellow, red.
So that the admins, based on the red color, can see at a glance, which server are overdue for e.g.

Or problem is, that more than one admin is working with this excel-sheet, so Excel is not optimal for teamworking.
Is it possible to implement something like this also in Confluence?

I´m not sure, if confluence is dynamic enough.

Thank you very much for any type of hint.

Mirjam

1 answer

0 votes
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2014

Hi Mirjam,

I am sorry that currently we do not have such function.

However, I had created a New feature request for you :https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36023 

Also. we recommend our users to comment and vote on the improvement request, and customer's feedback is one of the things that the developers decide to work on next as mentioned in the [Implementation and new features policy|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy],do leave some comments if you have any suggestion for improvement.

As for an Alternative, maybe you can insert a additional column and put in the date for the entry by using "//", so that you could check for the data entry date. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Wayne Wong

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events