Populating data dynamic on confi form tabular view

Ananda Sravya July 12, 2021

I have a form and tabular view corresponding to it.

In that tabular view I have two columns 1. Due Date 2.status.

I want the status values to populate based on the dates in the tabular view without any manual activity.

Ex: Due dare: 12th Jult 2021

If Current date is 1st July want the status like available

If Current date is 10th July then approaching sla else due 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2021

You can set up a status field to be a formula field with an expression something like this

IF(NOW()-[entry.dueDate]<0, IF([entry.dueDate]-NOW()< 172800000, "Approaching SLA", "DUE"), "Available")

Assuming the field to store the Due Date is named "dueDate"

"Approaching SLA" status will be shown when now and due date is smaller than 2 days (in milliseconds it is 172800000 and that is what I am comparing to here)

Alex

Ananda Sravya July 14, 2021

Thanks for your response. But the conditions are reflecting when we are registering the data in form but in the tabular view the data is not changing/modifying automatically based on these conditions.

Could you please suggest me 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

As this formula contains NOW() function, ConfiForms is smart enough to recalculate the formula on EVERY view and does not require you to modify the record

Alex

Ananda Sravya July 15, 2021

I tried the same but didn't worked for me.

Can you please suggest the alternate.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2021

What alternative!? 

What does not work for you? The formula is recalculated on each render - meaning ALWAYS

After applying the condition also the status is not updating.please find the attached image for your reference.

20210715_145442.jpg

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2021

I am unsure what this screenshot should illustrate... and what do you mean by "applying condition"

but here is what I was trying to explain

The form

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 13.44.14.png

And the status field with formula as mentioned in one of my previous comments

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 13.44.24.png

I have used the same way but when I am registering the data it worked fine.

I am using tabular view to show the data but in the tabular view the status is not reflecting based on the condition.

The above screenshot is the data in the tabular view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events