Polish characters after upgrate to MySQL

sokolman February 4, 2020

Hello,

I've change database to production, set to UTF-8 and after upgrade and restore from backup polish special chars are changed to '?'. My confluence version is 7.0.3. Anyone have some idea what to do?

2 answers

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

Ho @sokolman ,

Welcome to the community. 

Can you check that you have set the encoding right on server, database and table level.

Additional, this kb article might help you getting closer to the issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-character-encodings-167194.html

Hello,

This troubleshooting pass the test, but polish special chars are missing. I've checked data base : schema and tables are in utf-8, utf-8bin.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

Did you also check the server configuration in your my.cnf?

I once had a similar issue and then it was only the server config missing, if I remember correct.

sokolman February 5, 2020

It works! Thanks

I've added this to my.cnf

[client]default-character-set=utf8

[mysql]default-character-set=utf8

[mysqld]collation-server = utf8_unicode_ci
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'character-set-server = utf8
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2020

Great to hear that.

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi @sokolman 

Can you check if the actual database content is still in Polish or also changed to '?'. It could have been lost during the backup/restore process.

Hi, Thanks for answer. New content also have '?'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events