PocketQuery not rendering any charts

Michael Bartram June 18, 2015

Hi, I'm trialling Confluence and PocketQuery for my company. I've managed to connect to my database and return a basic table. This I can wrap in a chart macro and get charts rendered on the page. However, this isn't really what I want to do as the 'cool' parts of PocketQuery are wiped out by the chart macro.

I've been following the PocketQuery Templating tutorial going as far as addin in the Country and Population table into my DB. However, I'm getting the following issues:

1. If I apply the styles in the 'HighlightThePeaks' template, I get my table rendered but no colours.
  2. I want to apply the simple bar chart using
    <script>
    PocketQuery.chart('BarChart');
    </script>
    But get a blank page

I've tried all manner of examples that I've found on the web but all give me a blank page, even the most basic

<script>
PocketQuery.chart();
</script>
doesn't work.
Does PocketQuery need an internet connection to connect to the Google chart libs? My Confluence server is not connected.
Thanks for any help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Koch June 18, 2015

Michael, yes you need an active internet connection but not the Confluence server. Each browser (the PC) needs a connection because Google Chart is a client side library.

0 votes

Thanks for the response Christian, I had a feeling that might be the case. Let me trial it on a different machine that has connectivity.

It works!! Wonderful. Thans again Christian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events