Plugin or macro to vote/like in content

Nils Ove Erstad November 25, 2016

I have a simple table for suggestions/improvements that everyone can brainstorm and suggest stuff. This does not mean it is tasks or anything yet, only a list of random stuff.

I am trying to figure out a nice way to give people a way to upvote one or more suggestions, either by liking the item (row), +1 or similar to indicate popular suggestions

Edit: If there was an easy way to add the Like function added to the bottom of every confluence page yourself without it being connected to the page itself, that would be very useful 

Surprisingly enough I have not found an existing plugin that suits this purpose or something close to this simplicity.

Does anyone have a suggestion to plugin, macro or another approach using an existing "larger" plugin? 

2 answers

1 vote
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2016

Hi Nils,

Like Nic I don't know of anything that will do this in Confluence, but your situation is one of the use cases for JIRA - you can add items to the backlog and people can vote on them.  Of course this is only a sensible suggestion if you also have JIRA.....

Nils Ove Erstad November 29, 2016

I agree it kind of is. But as I mentioned it is kind of brainstorming and I really did not want to mix that with backlog tasks. Of course one can argue for an own JIRA project for that kind of stuff, but wanted it to keep it a bit more simple.

Also, I would think that the possibility to add a like function anywhere you like would be a use case for many things in confluence also, same as the voting in Jira.

If there was an easy way to add the Like function added to the bottom of every confluence page yourself without it being connected to the page itself, that would be very useful 

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Hi Nils,

Yes, being able to use the Like function as a macro wherever you want would be great. 

You could use Confluence Questions (which is what Atlassian Answers is) and have people upvote or downvote, or Polls for Confluence, but those might be overkill for what you need (and neither is free).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2016

Might be worth a look at the "rate macro" on the marketplace.  I'm not sure it's exactly what you need but might be close.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events