Plugin for sighted versions of confluence sites like on wikipedia

Pee Wee July 20, 2011

Hi, I'm a confluence newbie and I wonder if there's a confluence plugin for "sighted versions" like wikipedia has. You know, on wikipedia "trusted" user (i.e. 'experienced' wikipedians) can flag a version of an article/site as "sighted" (see sighted version). It would be nice to have a confluence plugin at hand that provides same functionality (best: members of a predefined group can flag an article that has the plugin in it; this article could actually be based on a template non editable for all users which actually has this plugin). I hope anybody can help or has an idea??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Yale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2011

You might think about using something like http://www.adhocworkflows.com/display/WWW/Home Ad Hoc Workflows if you can afford to purchase something. This will allow you to have "reviewers" who can overlook material before approving it and the new content will be in "draft" mode until approved and anyone logged in will only see approved content.

0 votes
Pee Wee July 21, 2011
Thanks! This would definitely be an asset but it is unfortunately not exactly what I'm looking for. Everyone should be able to edit the site (and see all versions), but just some should be able to approve a version that should subsequently be displayed as such.
Richard Yale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2011

The Ad Hoc Workflows plugin is scriptable and allows you to do just that. Feel free to contact the company with any questions you have and they'll be able to better help you with specific examples.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events