Planned changes in Confluence 7.0 - Create a Template

mybucket2018 January 25, 2019

I've seen there is now a Planned changes in Confluence 7.0 page which provides detail about some of the different Atlassian Macros.

Will the Create a Template macro have any updates?

For me this is a key feature that is vital to our company. It helps us to set the standard for each space on where things need to go.

The things it is lacking but should 100% be available:

• Set the location for a template to be created (by page)
  • Set predefine labels
  • Add some extra values @parent@, @pageid@@
  • Switch of template options if this macro is presented on the page.

We have to sometimes create 3 or 4 templates exactly the same just because we don't have these options.

I'm aware there is the Create Page for ScriptRunner Confluence, however the vendor requires you to buy a second plugin to use this tool, we are not willing to do.

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. 

2 answers

0 votes
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2019

Hi @mybucket2018 - I’m Ada, the Confluence Server and Data Center Product Marketing Manager.

You’ve got good eyes! The planned changes page is, as Tobias said, meant to highlight breaking changes for admins and Marketplace vendors ahead of time. At this time, we are not planning any breaking changes to the Create a Template macro.

With regards to your suggestions, I’d recommend voting on feature requests on jira.atlassian.com (our public issue tracker). There are already tickets for 2 of your suggestions:

CONFSERVER-29581: Create from template macro should ask on which location the page will be created

CONFSERVER-57778: I want to specify labels for the page created by the Create from Template macro

Our PM team tries to respond to all requests, and they always appreciate more feedback.

Cheers!

0 votes
Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2019

Hi @mybucket2018,

I think only Atlassian staff will be able to answer your question.

In general "planning changes" pages highlight the changes a admin or also app vendors should be aware of as "this breaks something" - either by means of users searching for a feature which is no longer available or app vendors have to change code because of changing API etc.

You are basically asking for a new features – some of these I really would love to see as well :)

Best, Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events