Pivot Table displaying list of items

BLANC Philippe August 30, 2017

Hello,

I'm not if my request is feasible or not.

I have a table (resulting from Jira issue macro).

|Resource|Week|Issue Summary|

|developer1|W34|BugFix 1|

|developer1|W34|BugFix 2|

|developer2|W35|BugFix 3|

I would like to transform my tableto a double entries table as following:

|Resource/Week | W34                              | W35               |

|developer 1       | Bug Fix 1    + Bug Fix 2 |                        |

|developer 2       |                                     | BugFix 3           |

So, objective is to communicate a sort of timeline to my management. I know there are some plugins available for Jira, but they are not free...

Thank you for your help.

Philippe

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

You could try to generate the pivot table using the Better Excel Plugin (JIRA app), then attach the resulted XLSX file and display it with the Confluence feature.

BLANC Philippe September 11, 2017

Hello Aron.

Thank you for your feedback. I'll have a look to Better Excel plugin. This solution presents two main drawbacks: addtional license to pay + the process is not automatic (if I well understood).

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2017

As Better Excel Plugin has an API and it even has automation capabilities to save the XLSX file to the filesystem, it should be fairly straightforward to implement a script that gets the XLSX file and attaches to a Confluence page.

(And yes, it is a paid add-on.)

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Hello Philippe,

You can do it with Table Filter and Charts add-on's Pivot Table macro, but this add-on is paid too.

BLANC Philippe August 30, 2017

Hello.

Thank you for your feedback.

I have these plug-ins installed on my server. But maybe I'm stupid I don't see how to do this. The only computations' available for pivot table are sum/average/min/max. There is nothing to list the field values.

Philippe.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

I see now you want to show each issue, bun not count of issues, right? Do you want to see issue key or issue summary or something else?

BLANC Philippe August 31, 2017

Yes exactly :)

The best should be issue summary.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2017

Hello Philippe,

The new version 3.12.0 of Table Filter and Charts add-on provides a capability to use Literal operation in Pivot Table macro. You can try it, this should be exactly what you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events