Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Comments in Confluence

Juan du Toit May 26, 2017

Can you please advise how we can keep our comment pins as we progress through versions of an attachment to a page.

Hi,

Can you please advise how we can keep our comment pins as we progress through versions of an attachment to a page.

1.       We collaborate on a spec document (.doc) attached to a page.

2.       Various people make numerous comments directly on the document using the comment pin.

3.       The document owner then starts making changes to the document. As soon as the version increments, you lose all the comments everyone made.

a.       This happens whether you use the “edit in office” option (only available in IE) or whether you download the attachment locally and then using the “upload a new version” option.

3 answers

0 votes
alexander mcleod August 17, 2018

In the Preview window the document title at the top left is a drop-down which provides access to older revisions of the previewed document. (too me a long time to find this!)

What I can't figure out is how to save or print a copy of the Previewed document WITH it's pinned comments...

0 votes
Steffi Frank June 7, 2017

every time you save a .doc (attached to a confluence page) it will create a new version of the document. Means, the complete history will be kept...

doc versions.PNG

0 votes
Steffi Frank May 28, 2017

Is there a reason to attach a word document instead of entering all data directly in a confluence page? This would enable you to use  inline comments. Even if they are solved, they will be stored on the page...

Juan du Toit May 29, 2017

I can make this recommendation. Is it normal behavior to loose comments in the .doc if changes have been made?

Juan du Toit June 7, 2017

The .doc is needed as it comes from pre-existing word documents /content comes from exiting manuals and spec sheets, so no real opportunity to have the content in confluence directly.

Any feedback on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events