Pictures disappear, clearing the cache is necessary

Good day. Our company has the following problem: for example if I create a new document and insert a picture, the picture disappears after about to days. Do you have any solutions for that? 

5 answers

0 votes

Hi Gavric, if you say that clearing the cache resolve the issue then this is a caching issue. To help us troubleshoot this issue, can you provide some information:

1. Is this happening only to you, or is it affecting all the users?
  2. Does this happen in a specific page/space, or accross the whole Confluence instance?
  3. Are you using Confluence Cloud or Server? If Server, which version?

Best regards,

Ana

• Is this happening only to you, or is it affecting all the users?

Most oft he users are affected

• Does this happen in a specific page/space, or accross the whole Confluence instance?

Accross the whole Confluence instance

• Are you using Confluence Cloud or Server? If Server, which version?

Confluence Cloud

Dear Ana
How is the situation with our problem ? Have you found a solution?

Best regards Karlo

0 votes

Hi Karlo,

I'll take over on this case from Ana.

I see we had some Media API issues around the time that you reported the problem, but it is since resolved, so if you're still having the issue it may be something else.

1. Do the images regularly disappear after a few days and then return as soon as you clear the cache?
  2. Are you still encountering the problem?
  3. Can you provide an example of an image that is currently not displaying but was previously?
  4. Lastly, please ensure with your network administrators that all of these URLs and IP ranges are accessible by your network. This could cause the images not to display if any one is not accessible.

Kind Regards,

Shannon

1. Yes 
  2. Yes
  3. In the First picture you see how it should be:Atlassian.jpg  And in the second one you see how it is:Atlassian_.jpg
  4. Everybode has acces to all URL’s and IP's.  It works when you delete the cache.

Dear Shannon,

How is the situation with our problem ? Have you found a solution?

Best regards,

Karlo

Gavric,

Apologies, I wasn't receiving notifications for some reason.

We will need to have a look at the Cloud instance for you, but it will require a support ticket. 

I went to look for the Cloud account associated with your email, but I was not able to find one.

I will proceed in creating the case for you, and you can provide the URL to me there.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hello, Shannon,

I wait for three weeks for an answer and I would know on the 17.11.2017 how the situation is.

Best regards,
Karlo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

214 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you