Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission to Control Delete Page Versions

Olive Sun April 10, 2022

Some of the users are able to see the delete button just next to restore in the page history while others do not. 

Where to control this permission?

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2022

Hi @Olive Sun ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

You can refer the below URL which has steps for the same. 

I hope the above info helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Olive Sun April 10, 2022

Thanks, @Srinatha T

It seems like I do not have permission to access Look and Feel > Stylesheet.

Actually, I do not want to hide that option but want to figure out the current rule (who could delete page versions) right now in our Confluence instance. 

If i grant a user in my space the permission to delete their own pages, does it also include the ability to delete page versions?

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

@Olive Sun , yes delete page will also give them delete the page history as well. 

Thanks

Srinath T

Olive Sun April 11, 2022

This seems not to be the behavior we experiencing. I grant a user delete page permission but he still cannot see the delete action in page history.

Like Anton Kyryliuk likes this
j2stone September 20, 2023

We are using Confluence Cloud and have the same issue.  Users have the delete page permission and can delete pages, but they cannot delete page history versions.  Can anyone give me a reason or solution?

Like # people like this
Anton Kyryliuk January 24, 2024

It is also an issue for our team. Will anyone from Atlassian react on this???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events