cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission setting - How can I not allow download

Lily Chang December 16, 2020

This question is for Confluence wiki.

I have a wiki page attached 92 files.

The only permission I gave to users is "view".

People can view the files can also download the files.

Since we may need to update the files from time to time, we do not want people have old files floating around.

How can I disable the "download" feature?

What should I do?

Please HELP!

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

Hi @Lily Chang ,

In Confluence Server/DC, System Admin can modify the configuration to disable attachment downloads.

How to disable attachment downloads in Server/DC

In Confluence Cloud, the user can work with different set of permissions for space. However, we do not have an option to specifically disable/restrict the download of attachments in the page/space.

Permission to Disable Attachments Download in Cloud

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hi Lily,

When you update the attachment on a confluence page the file list will automatically list the most recent upload.  The user if they click on that file link will be provided with the last uploaded version of that file. 

NOTE: when you insert your file attachment macro remove the checkmark from the old file versions. in my example I also made a note on the file when I uploaded it.

image.pngimage.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events