People directory showing different results in different versions

Michael Verselle April 17, 2012

Hi,

I am hoping this is just a quick answer.

We are upgrading our confluence from version 3.2 up to 4.0.5. We have installed a new test server, upgraded, and moved all data over to the 4.0.5 version.

I notice that in our current production version of 3.2 that the People Directory does not list every user in the system. But in version 4.0.5, the People Directory is listing every person.

Why is this?

Please note: The database on our 4.0.5 is a match of our 3.2 system, as we imported it, then upgraded on our new server, so the amount of users match, or is at least close enough for government work.

Also, we are not using any type of external LDAP, or Active Directory to populate our users, we create them all manually.

thank you,

Michael

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Verselle June 27, 2013
Thanks for the Info Peter, but I tried that and it didn't work. Working with Atlassian support, I did find out this was the answer: " In both Confluence 3.2 and 4.05, when a user is added they will not appear in the people directory until they have logged in at least once. There is something about the upgrade process that is marking the user to now show up in the people directory despite having never logged in before the upgrade." Since this was on our dev server preparing for an upgrade, none of the users except a few testers had logged in.
0 votes
Michael Verselle June 27, 2013
Thanks for the Info Peter, but I tried that and it didn't work. Working with Atlassian support, I did find out this was the answer: " In both Confluence 3.2 and 4.05, when a user is added they will not appear in the people directory until they have logged in at least once. There is something about the upgrade process that is marking the user to now show up in the people directory despite having never logged in before the upgrade." Since this was on our dev server preparing for an upgrade, none of the users except a few testers had logged in.
0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2013

Hi Michael,

I suppose this is quite a late answer, I have been crawling through old unanswered threads, so putting my comment here in case it helps someone later on.

First I'd rebuild indexes so that we can make sure all users are indexed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+Scratch

If this still does not give a positive result, I'd try to log in with a missing user to Confluence, then see if the user is being listed afterwards. The reason for this is that the related USERINFO entry (which the index works on) is only created upon first login. Given the fact there was major version change, I suspect this to be the root cause.

Kind regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events