Pasting colored text - return ugly formatted

krzychus June 15, 2015

Hello,

I created a normal blank page and I'd like to paste a nicely formatted XML code (which has indents and is colored (blue, red). But generally after pasting the code has no colors sad How can I paste code and keep its original color? 

Thank you, 

Chris

5 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

Okay, the problem is that Confluence likes to strip that stuff out on purpose, that's a goal. If you are on Confluence Server (not Cloud) you can use the included HTML macro to paste in HTML code OR you can use the free add-on Source Editor to make some edits. I think that's about all you can do.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

Glad I could help.

0 votes
krzychus June 15, 2015

Thank you for your help! I used the Source Editor, chose the HTML/XML and it looks as I wanted! :)

0 votes
krzychus June 15, 2015

I'm not sure, I just click on "Edit"... so I guess it's Page editor.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2015

Are you pasting it in the XML Source Editor or in the Page editor?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events