Pasting ONE item into multiple rows/columns

Sean McManus January 31, 2018

Can one select multiple rows in a column (or vie versa) and paste once into ALL the rows?  

Example.  I have a macro (in this case the Handy Status Macro) and I want to put in in all the rows under the column status.  Do I really have to paste it into each row?!?!?!  really sucks when i have 500+ rows....

Doing this in Confluence 6.5 DataCenter.

2 answers

6 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

That's a good idea. I tested to see if I could find a workaround, like in Excel when you pull the corner of the cell down and it copies the value. I was not able to find such a capability in Confluence, so I opened a suggestion for our development team: As an user, would like to update multiple cells simultaneously in a table

The suggestion is public, so you can vote, comment and watch it to make your voice heard and see if/when the development team implements it.

Sean McManus February 9, 2018

Thanks!

Sean McManus February 9, 2018

Oh and tell Morgan "Hi!" for me.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

If it's the Morgan who works in support in the Austin office, I sure will! :)

RJ Confluence Admins February 13, 2018

That would be Nice .  LOL

Declan Keane February 13, 2019

I love Confluence, but I fail to win people over to using the app due to it's sheet limitations compared to XLS.

Atlassian really need to collaborate with Office Devs or at least bring some rich table features to take it to the next level IMHO.

Like # people like this
Pamela Wyatt March 12, 2019

Agree. This would save a lot of time

garth.mcdonald October 24, 2019

Agreed, using tables in Confluence eats time.

Satyadev_Aluri April 25, 2020

Yes, please implement this feature as soon as possible. I will use it regularly.

Like Devarasetty, Ravi Kiran likes this
Devarasetty, Ravi Kiran March 15, 2021

Agreed.

0 votes
Thomas Snijder August 8, 2022

This is not built-in to Confluence, but there is a work-around:

1. Create a new Google Sheet

2. Paste the data, Google Sheets automatically structures it per row.

3. Copy the data from Google Sheets

4. Paste in Confluence, the data will now be structured per row!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events