Paste HTML content from browser with images

Adam Saunders October 29, 2018

Hi,

Often in our company we need to copy & paste some content from other websites.
When the content is pasted instead of attaching the images to the page only a link is created.

Is there any plugin or setting to paste the images as attachment rather than link? It is really annoying when we realize after a year that the original website was taken down and our links are broken.
We would like to have the same functionality as in MS Word, when during the paste the actual image is inserted not the link.
The only workaround is copy the images one-by-one which is really time consuming.

Thank for any idea.

Regards,
Matt

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2018

Your options are (if you want images as attachments):

• Download the images from the page, attach to the page and insert them manually.
  • Paste the page first into Word, then import that Word document.
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2018

Hi Matt,

There's a bug for this in Confluence Server: 

• CONFSERVER-28739 copy and pasting web images will not attach the image to the page

I think this was specifically tested on Windows due to the browsers it mentions, as well as the fact that the workaround mentions Paint. 

Can you let me know what browses and OS you're using? I'd like to test a few things in order to update the ticket properly. I'll also tag this question with the Marketplace collection in case others have recommendations for workarounds outside of Confluence.

Regards,

Shannon

Adam Saunders October 30, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your answer. I can see this bug was first reported in 2013 and it hasn't been fixed :)

Regarding the environment, the server is running Confluence 6.11.1.

Client : Windows 10, Chrome 69, Firefox 62

Just an idea but if it's too complicated to fix this paste image issue, would it be easier to

implement some option to convert the image link to attached image later?

E.g. add an option to the context menu when the user clicks on these images

Screenshot_1.png

Matt

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2018

Hi Matt,

Thank you! I've updated the bug with the details of your tests. 

As for your suggestion, I recommend that you comment on the bug with that feedback! It may certainly be helpful to consider when creating a fix for this bug.

I do understand the fix for this bug is certainly overdue. You can help us by voting on the bug and commenting as this helps increase the likelihood this bug will be addressed sooner. For more information, have a look at our Bug Fixing Policy.

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events