Passwords

Henrique dos Passos June 22, 2022

I need to change the password of all my employees every six months, I want to know if there is an automatic way to leave this pre-configured or if every 6 months there is a way for me to reset everyone's password.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

@Henrique dos Passos Welcome to the Atlassian Community. The first step to password management is ensuring that your domain is verified. Once that process is complete, you will be able to set password policy for complexity, expiration, etc. as well as force a reset across all users. 

In order to accomplish the first step you will need to go to admin.atlassian.com and select the domain you are trying to apply this to. Once that is completed, you can access the password policy management module under Security->Authentication Policies.

Good luck!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Henrique dos Passos if my answer helped you, please consider marking it as Accepted by clicking the button so that others with similar issues can find it. Thank you.

0 votes
Marilena Nikou December 13, 2022

Hi Henrique, one app that could also help with automatic password changes is Gaspardesk - it integrates with Atlassian's apps and you can find it on their Marketplace. You can create a workflow to change passwords every 6 months, and then schedule it to run accordingly, no need for you to do anything manually.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events