Password policy for Confluence

Kathy Taylor March 30, 2016

Apparently the Cloud version of Confluence natively has a password policy manager, but not so the non-cloud version.  I only see one password policy plugin available and it it has mixed reviews with less than 50 installs.  Does anyone know if a password policy is on the roadmap for future Confluence upgrades?  Has anyone actually used that plugin with an internal directory and found it to work okay?  Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

Hi Kathy,

I know this plugin Enterprise Password Policy for Confluence very good and I can answer if you have any questions about it. You need to configure your own password policy and enable it. After it all users have to change their password once on first login (plugin can't check current passwords) and it works only for confluence internal users. It is easy to use.

Best Regards,

Kathy Taylor March 31, 2016

Thanks a lot, Daniel!  I actually did install it on trial yesterday and it works great so far.   So good to hear that others have a good experience with the plugin as well.

Arian Khalatbary
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

Hi @Daniel Bajrak do you mean by Confluence internal users = only the Confluence internal directory or is it also available for example users in a delegated directory?

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

The feature request is here – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11496.

If you have the time it's a good idea to Vote on it (for the love of gosh please don't comment "+1").  If you could, Atlassian appreciates if you can comment your use-case for more detail.

Most people handle this external to Confluence. Other products are better suited to this ability for now.

Kathy Taylor March 30, 2016

Thanks, Steven.  I added my vote/comment to that one last year.  Still waiting. smile 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events