Hi Confluence support,
We would like to check, for Confluence version 7.1.0, does it support the following password policy:
- Enforce passwords to be made up of at least 12 characters, and contain characters from at least two of the following four categories:(Upper case, Lower case, Digits, Special Characters)
- Enforce password change once minimally every 12 months (or lesser)
- Prohibit password reuse for a minimum of 3 generations
- Prohibit passwords from being the same as the account ID or user ID
- Limit consecutive failed authentication attempts to 10 times or less (ie, lock the account after 10 consecutive failed-password-login(or lesser))
- Enforce password change upon the first login
Hello @ILP NCS JIRA,
Happy to help you with this.
Confluence itself does not have a password policy, but you can set a password policy using an integration with LDAP or Active Directory, or an add-on, such as the Enterprise Password Policy add-on.
For more information, have a look at How Do I Enforce Password Complexity in Confluence?
Finally, there's a feature request below to include this as a feature in Confluence:
You can vote on the request and you'll be automatically added to the list of watchers and receive updates on any progress in the future.
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
👋 Hi there, a few of us at Atlassian would love to learn about how you use "space settings" functionality in Confluence. A facelift to the space settings is long overdue and we want to start with im...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events