Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particular page editing not working

Anoop K Baby July 26, 2017

When I try to edit few particular pages on confluence it throwing messages as "Loading the editor's taking longer than usual. Give it a few moments, then refresh your page if it still doesn't load. Speak to your Confluence admin if that doesn't fix it." But if I copy that page into a new page and try to edit, then it working fine.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

Hi Anoop,

A similar issue (Edit Space's Home Page does not work) turned out to be caused by the tmp directory configuration, as described in Set Synchrony Java temp directory by default to be Confluence temp directory.

Please check your atlassian-synchrony.log (in the <confluence_home>/logs directory) for the errors described in Editor fails to load in Confluence 6.x due to 'Could not initialize class org.xerial.snappy.Snappy' error . If you find that error, please let us know if the fix works for you.

Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

Thanks,

Ann

Anoop K Baby July 27, 2017

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately now only I noticed atlassian-synchrony.log never updated, its just a 0 size file.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

I understand there is nothing in your atlassian-synchrony.log.

Please let me know if the editing issue started after an upgrade, and what version of Confluence you are currently running. Please check whether collaborative editing is enabled if you are using a version after Confluence 6.0. It's one of the steps in Troubleshooting Collaborative Editing

I saw a case where certain pages were throwing that error: Loading the editor's taking longer than usual, and it turned out if we took out the top section of the page it was editable.

When you copy the page to a new page and can then edit, are you copying it to a different space or somewhere on the same space?

Anoop K Baby July 28, 2017

Hi Ann,

We didnt upgrade it recently. Our confluence version is 6.0.2 . But actually we started this issue after a small network outage, still I am not sure whether I can co-relate this issue with that. Because the reported pages were not accessed during that time. Seems those files editing somehow got corrupted. As I mentioned earlier, its happening only very few pages and if I copy those pages and try to edit its working fine.

In between that, do you have any thought why our atlassian-synchrony.log is not updating, even though all synchrony status showing good.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2017

The only ideas I have about the log are:

1. We are looking at the wrong logs directory.

• To make sure that's not it, check <confluence-installation>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties, look for the confluence.home setting in that file, then find the logs in the Confluence home directory.

2. The logging location has been changed in the log4j file as described in: Changing the destination of the log files

I look forward to hearing what you find.

Anoop K Baby July 28, 2017

On the confluence-init.properties the setting is as below :

confluence.home = /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence

Also on the log4j.properties file it didnt mention any specific location for log files, even though atlassian-confluence.log file updating properly, but not the atlassian-synchrony.log 

[root@ip-X-X-X-X logs]# ll
total 122404
-rw-r--r--. 1 confluence confluence 12665585 Jul 28 16:44 atlassian-confluence.log
-rw-r--r--. 1 confluence confluence 20971699 Jul 28 16:20 atlassian-confluence.log.1
-rw-r--r--. 1 confluence confluence 0 Dec 12 2016 atlassian-synchrony.log
drwxr-xr-x. 2 confluence confluence 263 Jan 17 2017 support
[root@ip-X-X-X-X logs]# pwd
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events