Part Permission in pages

Hi

I want to create a page. In this page user A should see everything. User B should see only 50% of it.

I couldn t find how this issue could be solved.

Is there a possibility to do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

A workaround that we use is that create a page which has permissions only for person A, and the main page will have permission for both person A and B.

In the main page, do an {include} macro of restricted page. With this the person B will only see the common content.

Also do note that when person B opens the page, it will show an {include} macro error since person B cannot see the same. To prevent that from happening, add the {include} part in an {expand} macro. For an example see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/The+tail+end+of+the+GreenHopper+Global+Rank+is+missing

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Hemme,

User restrictions (Tools > Restrictions) only apply to pages as a whole. If you want to make some content only visible to specific users, you will need a separate page for it.

Cheers,

Dora

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

403 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you