Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing data in a table column before saving

Utkarsh Shukla August 22, 2017

I have a page in Confluence, which contains a table. One of the columns in the table has email addresses. This table content I export to CSV file using Export macro. Then I usually copy all the email addresses from this CSV file column to Outlook and then (Ctrl+K) will list all the email addresses.
The problem here is that my users, who update the Confluence page columns do not add a semicolon (;) after each email address. Which causes issues when I export the table to CSV then copy and paste the email addresses to Outlook (To or Cc field). Then I have to manually sort out the missing semicolons. The list of email addressses is huge (~100s) and fixing the list in Outlook is difficult.
I want to know if there is any control which I could add to the Confluence page, to the column in table containing email addresses. Which could ensure that whenever any of my users (suppose) adds an email address and tries to 'Save' the page but has forgot to add a semicolon after the email address he\she added. The page will not save and prompt him\her to add a semicolon.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2017

Hello Utkarsh,

I can suggest you a quite complex solution using Table Filter and Charts add-on:

• You'll need to create the following structure in your page: 2017-08-23_14h33_35.pngThere are two Pivot Tables: the first creates a set of unique emails separated by a simicolon based on the source table, the second creates a unique set of emails separate by a space character based on the first pivot table
  • As a result you get this2017-08-23_14h35_14.png
  • And then you can export emails to CSV2017-08-23_14h37_45.png

So with this solution you don't care is somebody forgot to type a semicolon in a table, you'll get the correct list of emails.

If you find this solution suitable, please, contact StitlSoft support to get details on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events