Parse the value of a specific record in a table to another table on another confluence page

Arjan Hofman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

We have a table which is populated dynamically with up-to-date version information. 

lets says:

| documentation version | schemaID-source |

(this table is populated by a script every 4 hrs with data from an external system, the documentation version is also a link to the confluence page where the data needs to be parsed to)

eg:

central table page 

| 3.4  | 123456 |

(3.4 is also a link to the confluence page where the data needs to be parsed to, however on that page there could be more (minor )versions available in one or more tables)

and another table on another confluence page:

| version | schemaID-target |

eg:

specific confluence page where the documentation of version 3.4 can be found

| 3.4 |   .....    | 

| 3.3 | 080234 | 

(here the 3.4 is not a link but just a documented version number)

So the link refers to the page and we want the 123456 value to be parsed into the  empty field (|  .......  | )

How can we automatically populate the schemaID-target record with the value of the schemaID-source record from another confluence page?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks a bunch,
Arjan 

1 answer

4 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Arjan Hofman ,

We develop the Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app and we have somewhat similar cases among our customers.

Please book a live call from our team - we'll be able to discuss your case in details and see if it can be implemented.

As for now, from your description I can suggest the following structure:

• I'm not sure exactly how your script that builds the source table looks (maybe, it's a user macro or smth - we need to check this point) but anyway we have a workaround here: you may push you data in a Google Spreadsheet. Then we can connect this spreadsheet with your Confluence page via the Table from CSV macro and get an automatically updating live table on your Confluence page
  • So, this table stays on your source page, you can check it and further work with it with the help of our other macros (filter it, aggregate, and so on)
  • On your target page we place another Table from CSV macro and get another source table. Then we wrap this macro and your target table (there is no any difference if it is a manual table or a macro generated one) in the Table Transformer macro
  • The Table Transformer macro can help us to join these two tables using a unique key column (the 'documentation version' column from the source table will be matched with the 'version' column of the target table). The macro will operate with a simple SQL query and its standard JOIN function
  • Later this joined result table can be also filtered and aggregated if required
Arjan Hofman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

Thanks, will investigate your solution to see if it fits. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events