Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages started showing "UNPUBLISHED CHANGES" message when I made no changes

Kim Landis November 6, 2019

Previously, I could enter edit mode on a page to copy something to use in another topic, and then just close it or use the back button in my browser, and it would not have the UNPUBLISHED CHANGES message.

For the past week or so, the message appears every time I look at the edit view of a page without making any changes.

It's very annoying, as the message appears for everyone, including customers.

• If I don't save the changes, customers see the UNPUBLISHED CHANGES message.
  • If I go back to edit mode and save the non-existent changes, people are looking for new content or revisions that do not exist, and wonder why something that hasn't been updated in months shows that it was updated today.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hello Kim,

Thank you for raising this with us. Can you confirm if you refresh the page if the message remains?

This has been a problem we encountered in the past as well as with the new editor:

• CONFCLOUD-56893 Certain editor operations result in spurious "unpublished changes" and an empty diff (Old Editing Experience)
  • CONFCLOUD-62302 Unpublished changes - how could this be? (New Editing Experience)

The team is working on the most recent issue on an internal ticket but will share updates on the public facing ticket for the new editor.

Thank you for your understanding. Do let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards.

Shannon

Kim Landis November 13, 2019

Thank you, it seems to be fixed today! 

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2019

Thank you for confirming, Kim! Glad to hear that.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Kim Landis November 14, 2019

@Shannon S another day, another set of Confluence issues. Now after trying unsuccessfully to save changes to a topic about eight times with varying error messages, I went away, came back, and tried again. This time it finally saved! Annnd shows the unpublished changes message. *facepalm*

I was able to make it go away by entering edit mode and then clicking Publish (without making any changes). 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2019

Kim,

How frustrating! Thank you for letting me know you were able to get it to save finally, and eventually clear the issue.

If you encounter issues saving again, could you please raise this with our Cloud Support Team? If you have any issues, please let me know, but the team can have a look at your logs and help you to find a solution.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events