Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages missing after setting Homepage

Lindsey June 10, 2022

Help!

My Overview page wasn't there, so someone showed me how to make it visible. 

I wasn't able to fill it out till I set a "homepage". Unfortunately, the template we use for these spaces has one preset and despite the other Spaces having the same one, I couldn't add that one to this space.

So I decided to just use a page that was already there... problem is when I did that it wiped out ALL subsequent parent pages and only the subpages of the page I set are now visible.

How do I undo this?

I tried to restore a previous version and it did nothing!! Help!!!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lindsey April 5, 2023

Wait! Now I see what you mean by "Parent Page". The page I thought was the "parent" was in fact not. 

The "parent page" = the "house symbol", not the order or hierarchy. 

0 votes
Lindsey April 5, 2023

I have tried to  Space Settings > Manage Pages > Reorder and move these pages to every whichaway and the pages are STILL hidden. Even our IT is flummoxed. 

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2022

Hi @Lindsey,

Navigate to Space Settings > Manage Pages > Reorder. Then, make sure that your home page is the parent page of everything else in your space. Pages above the home page will indeed be hidden from the page tree navigation.

Hope this helps! 

Lindsey June 13, 2022

Not entirely...I see it, it shows everything, but 2 pages remain hidden. When I go to the next tab I see those pages listed as hidden under the next tab, "Hidden" (despite showing in Reorder), I can't figure out how to "unhide" them. The instructions are not super clear

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/move-copy-and-hide-pages/

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Hi @Lindsey,

If your hidden pages are at the same level as your home page, they will indeed be hidden. To unhide them, just drag and drop them under your home page in the reorder view.

Like Thunpischa Yodkaew likes this
Tonie Borchardt March 20, 2024

What do you do if they're at the same level and they won't reappear because nothing happens when you drag?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events