Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages disappear as soon as I setup a Space Home Page

Julian Weiss January 21, 2019

Hi guys,

I have a confluence space with 5 Sub Pages. When I go to space settings and define a Space Homepage, all the Sub Pages disappear. We have the SaaS Confluence from Atlassian.

Seems like a bug? I have Admin rights.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mario Carabelli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Hi @Julian Weiss

This isn't a bug. The homepage you chosen is just on the same level as the previously created pages. The shown pages have their rootpage set as your new homepage and is showing only the page tree under this homepage.

You can reorder the old pages under the new homepage by clicking on the 3dots at the top of a page and tge choosing view in page hierarchy. Thereyou can reorder the pages under tge home page and everything will be visible again.

With kind regards

Mario

Julian Weiss January 23, 2019

Thanks!

Mario Carabelli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Glad I could help!

With kind regards

Mario

Windson Lins January 16, 2020

What a fright! I thought I had lost over 300 pages! Thank you for this post! 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tong Tanapat January 5, 2021

I cannot find the "by clicking on the 3dots at the top of a page and tge choosing view in page hierarchy. 
When i click 3 dots it have only "Page History" that most relate with my problem, What should i do? 
Please.

Denise March 15, 2021

I have the same issue there is not page Hierarchy to choose from? 

Jesper Sahlin September 14, 2021

Same here. Any solution? I wish I could just undo setting the homepage, now this just wastes precious time. Will remember not to set homepage ever again.

Adam Eva March 16, 2023

Would dearly like an answer please..

Do you need workspace Admin rights to see ... displaying "Page Hierarchy"? As I can see re-order on manage space, but this does not help. Wish to avoid adding all the pages previously created, as sub pages to the new homepage, by dragging around in the left Nav bar.. Laborious, wish to avoid, as there are lots of previous pages prior new homepage.. Point of interest is I put the original URLs of the pages onto the new homepage (that wiped all left Nav bar page listings), if I click on that URL link, or the shortcuts I created, then I see the old pages listed again. But if I click back on the homepage, they go... 

Alexi Weeks December 19, 2023

I didn't have the "view in page hierarchy" option either but, when I clicked the "All content" button in my space, the content that had previously been there showed up and I was able to drag and drop everything under the new homepage.

Hope this helps someone.

This is absolutely dreadful design; what a scare to have all the content disappear just because the homepage was changed!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events