Pages are alphabetized automatically -- how to stop this?

NancyAllison August 14, 2018

We plan to use Confluence to centralize information that currently lives in a Word document, emails, and intranet pages. The Word document is technically dense, and its current organization works for us. It will form the basis of the new, centralized Confluence page.

To start, I selected the Confluence import setting to split the document into pages at the H1 and H2 levels. After import, in the Pages panel, the H1 pages are listed in alphabetical order, as are the H2 pages under each H1 page.

This is madness. It means, for example, that our Chapter 1, "Introduction" no longer appears as the first page; it instead is sandwiched between our former Chapter 3 and Chapter 5, simply because their titles when alphabetized fall in that order.

I could accept the argument that the Page tree is not intended to replicate a document table of contents, but even then I'd ask if Confluence could please take this approach into consideration. My company is surely not the first to find this to be a problem.

I see that I can manually reorder everything, but I am talking about dozens of pages. This would be very time-consuming.

How can I import the Word document and preserve the order of the headings in the Page tree and thus in the Pages macro?

Thanks.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events