Page versions out of sync with diagrams / images

I have a requirement that any page edits are tracked and as such if I revert to a specific version then all images and diagrams are the same as they were in that version. 

For example, Lets say I have a diagram (via any addon it seems) on a page. If I edit the diagram I can get a new page version. But if I go back to the first page version the diagram is of the new version, not the old. All of the popular diagram editor add-ons exhibit this flaw. And from what I've read, its a problem with confluence.

Without the ability to restore the true version of a page, having our documentation on confluence would be effectively useless because we would fail the audit requirement set in UK quality standards (iso 9001).

Is there any way to fix this?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Meirion,

It seems that for some add ons (such as Gliffy), the diagram is not versioned as we can see in this other answer:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/55110/how-to-keep-the-versions-of-gliffy-diagrams-in-sync-with-the-wiki-page-versions

It seems this is not available at the moment. It might be a good idea to check with the plugin vendors if they have any other alternative for this behavior.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

902 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you