Page tree not loading in new space.

Gerard Vangaever August 5, 2019

Search box and expand / collapse OK, but the child pages don't load in the root document. In an other existing space the page tree works without any problem. 

This happens with every page in the new space.

Any idea whats wrong?

Best Regards,

Gerard

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2019

Hello Gerard,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

From what I understand, you are having issues loading child pages in a new space, but they work on your older spaces.

It's not clear to me where you are encountering this issue specifically. Are you having an issue with the page tree in the sidebar, or on a page itself, such as with the Children Display Macro?

Would you be able to send us a video or screenshot of the behavior, or describe exactly how I can replicate it?

Regards,

Shannon

Gerard Vangaever August 7, 2019

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for your reply.

We've a problem with the page tree macro inside the document. the page tree won't load nor in the preview or on the published page itself. We see the "search box" and "Expand all / Collapse all" bot the tree isn't loaded in the page. 

See attachment.https://sx3832rw.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IOT/overview

Screenshot:

Page tree problem.JPG

This happens in a new created space, other spaces are working without any problem.

Best regards

Gerard Vangaever

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

Hello Gerard,

That helps a lot, thank you!

I'm curious, did you edit the macro before saving the page, or did you just use the default values?

I found a bug where it won't load if values aren't added in the new editor:

• CONFCLOUD-66606 Adding Fabric Page Tree Macro without editing parameters results in error message being published instead

Can you have a look at that and let me know if that's the issue you are having?

Regards,

Shannon

Gerard Vangaever August 8, 2019

Hello Shannon

I've edited the page tree maro before saving the page. 

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

The page tree macro is set as shown above.

I really don't know why this isn't working. It isn't the bug as you mentioned.

Best Regards

Gerard

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

Hello Gerard,

My apologies for the delay; I've been having a very hard time replicating this issue on my own instance, so my suggestion was to have you raise a ticket with the Cloud Support Team since they can look directly and see if the issue is caused by a particular page.

However, I noticed that you have already done that, and my colleague discovered this was caused by one of your group names.

His response:

This is currently being caused by a bug in the app, already reported to the development team as you can see below:

This bug is causing problems for the page to be shown on macros when this page is restricted to a group that contains uppercase letters on its name.

I'm happy he was able to help you since I don't think I would have been able to determine that without having a look at your instance.

Do let us know if you have any additional problems or questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events