Page restrictions for editing

Hi all...I'm struggling with something where I have a space and I want to have everyone to be able to edit only 1 page in that space. I know view is recursive and edit is not, but when I add that group to the restricted editors, they cannot edit it. I have to give that group edit at the space level and that seems stupid to then have to restrict every other page for just 1 page.

Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

You are unfortunately not missign anything.

Your proposed solution would likely be best mitigated by creating a custom group of people that you want to be able to edit the page. You could then remove edit permissions for confluence-users and grant it to your restricted editors. Your restricted editors would have to have edit permissions on the space before they could be granularly restricted from editing pages apart from the one in question.

The somewhat inelegant solution to your problem is to create a seperate space that Contains the page you want these editors to have access to It would then be an easy thing to restrict down permissions to this space to those users. You could provide a link out from the restricted space to the page in the mroe permissive space.

I agree that it seems redundant that you would have to restrict down every other page in that space.

We have a couple feature requests that might insterest you

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24504

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-5095

Thanks all. That's what I thought.

Hi J.,

Confluence permissions cascade - all pages in a space inherit the space permissions, all sub-pages inherit the parent page's permissions. This includes view and edit permissions.

If you want to restrict a page to be edited by only one person, you'll have to set that up manually for each page.

-Simon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

562 views 20 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you