Page restrictions for editing

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Hi all...I'm struggling with something where I have a space and I want to have everyone to be able to edit only 1 page in that space. I know view is recursive and edit is not, but when I add that group to the restricted editors, they cannot edit it. I have to give that group edit at the space level and that seems stupid to then have to restrict every other page for just 1 page.

Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

You are unfortunately not missign anything.

Your proposed solution would likely be best mitigated by creating a custom group of people that you want to be able to edit the page. You could then remove edit permissions for confluence-users and grant it to your restricted editors. Your restricted editors would have to have edit permissions on the space before they could be granularly restricted from editing pages apart from the one in question.

The somewhat inelegant solution to your problem is to create a seperate space that Contains the page you want these editors to have access to It would then be an easy thing to restrict down permissions to this space to those users. You could provide a link out from the restricted space to the page in the mroe permissive space.

I agree that it seems redundant that you would have to restrict down every other page in that space.

We have a couple feature requests that might insterest you

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24504

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-5095

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Thanks all. That's what I thought.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Hi J.,

Confluence permissions cascade - all pages in a space inherit the space permissions, all sub-pages inherit the parent page's permissions. This includes view and edit permissions.

If you want to restrict a page to be edited by only one person, you'll have to set that up manually for each page.

-Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events