Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page restrict not inherited

Jaroslav Malatinec February 23, 2021

Hi,
I have a problem with page permission.

For example:
In Space Settings - permission have a one users with pages: add,archive and delete permission (user1)

-page1 - set restriction ,,Only specific people can view and edit,, - for user1 set only view = user one can only view
--subpage1 - I see red open lock - with information about ,,There are inherited view restrictions,, = inherit not works - user one can edit.

You don't know why permissions don't inherited?

Jarda

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

@Jaroslav Malatinec

This is intended behavior. View restrictions are inherited, edit permissions are not. I took a quick look at some plugins which enhance the restrictions functionality and I didn't see anything that appeared to automatically extend editing restrictions, but I'd take a look at some of these if you're curious about ways to enhance the page restriction capabilities.

Jaroslav Malatinec February 23, 2021

If they don't work inherited permission so we must for specific page (with subpages) create a special space :-(

So my situation has no solution in confluence

In space permission:
confluence-users - all user only view
user1 - pages: add,archive and delete permission
user2 - pages: add,archive and delete permission

-page1 - user1 RW, user2 and confluence-user - view
—subpage1
—subpage2

-page2 - user2 RW, user1 only view
—subpage1
—subpage2

For page1 and page2 must create special space.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

I guess it depends on how much work you want to do to maintain the permissions. You can go into each page and update the restrictions so that the right users can modify them. That may not be reasonable if there are going to be lots of child pages though.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events